SK has built a strong network of researchers, policy makers, educators, consultants and employers from all parts of the world to exchange knowledge and experience and discuss current developments and challenges. This directory can be used to help find, support and collaborate with experts from the SK network.
Interested in joining the SK expert directory? Complete the application form. Please check your details in our directory after 48 hrs and if you can not find your name, please contact the directory coordinator at .
You can also join the expert directories of our sister organisation: World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD) and Middle Eastern Knowledge Economy Institute (MEKEI).
Dr. Mohamed Galal Hassan SayedSenior LecturerPortsmouth UniversityEnergy and Petroleum Engineering
I joined the University of Portsmouth as a Senior Lecturer and Course leader for BEng (Hons) Petroleum Engineering in January 2014, after five years in the Department of Petroleum Engineering at the American University in Cairo as Associate Professor/Chair of Energy systems. Prior, to that, I was based at the Centre for Environmental Strategy working on modelling energy demand and the modelling pathways to low carbon technology. I also served as a Lecturer of Oil and Gas/Chemical Engineering at the Australian College in Kuwait (University of Tasmania). Before working in Kuwait, I was a Research Fellow at Loughborough University for a period of five years working on several projects. An engineer by training, I hold a Bachelor’s Combined Honours in Mechanical Engineering and Environmental Science from Aston University, an MSc in Environmental Management from Coventry University, and a PhD from Loughborough University: Chemical Engineering in “Renewable energy – Bio Fuel processing”
- PhD Mechanical/Chemical Engineering “Renewable Energy- Bio Fuel processing”, Jan 2003- Dec 2006 Loughborough University
- Sept 07 Western Australia TAFE (Training and Further Education), Certificate I, II, III, and IV Diploma of Education
- Diploma of Engineering Management (Winner of the KPMG Technology Commercialisation award) Loughborough University Dec 2007
- MSc Environmental Management and Engineering, Sept 2001- Sept 2002 Coventry University
- BSc (Eng) Comb-Hon Environmental & Mechanical Engineering, Sept1998- June 2001 Aston University
PhD MSc BSc (Hons) Dip
subscribe to our newsletter