Osama H.M. Idris has been working with the Gum Arabic manufacturing and business for over 30 years (9 years with the Gum Arabic Company in the Sudan, and 23 years with the Gum Arabic Spray Drying Industry in the UK). He has published several well-received papers on Gum Arabic and currently works as General Manager with Morouj Commodities UK Limited – UK.
- PhD. Centre for Water Soluble Polymers- University of Wales (United Kingdom). Thesis title: Physicochemical and Functional Properties of Gum Arabic – 1995 – 1997.
- MSc. Agriculture (Biochemistry Department- University of Khartoum (Khartoum-Sudan). Thesis title: Physicochemical and Microbiological Characterisation of Acacia senegal gum (Gum Arabic)- 1986 – 1989.
- B.Sc. Agriculture (Food Technology) El-Mnuofia University (Egypt) 1980 – 1985.
- June 2019 – Present: General Manager – Morouj Commodities UK Ltd, UK
- May 2013 – May 2019: Technical Sales Director – Agrigum International, UK
- August 2008 – May 2013: Technical Manager – Agrigum International, UK
- January 1997 – July 2008: R&D and Quality Assurance Manager – Agrisales Limited – Gum Arabic Spray Drying Factory (UK).
- 1986 – 1995: Head Quality Control, Gum Arabic co. (Sudan).