The Outlook series provides an overview of Sustainable Development and why it is important, and provokes forward thinking on the development of a more coherent approach to solving global problems related to sustainability. In doing so, a holistic approach is used to critically examine the inter-relationship between the natural, the governmental, the economic and the social dimensions of our world and how science and technology can contribute to solutions.
Outlook is a truly global source book reflected in the varied nation and cultural origins of the contributors as well as the topics and case studies covered. Each year, we will discuss and study a different topic.
Published in partnership with Greenleaf Publishing
- Outlook 2015 – Green Behaviour: Re-thinking Policy for Sustainability
- Outlook 2014 – West Meet East: Sharing the Past and Current Experience to Benefit the Future
- Outlook 2013 – Sustainable Development: New Multi-Disciplinary Approaches and Methodologies
- Outlook 2012 – Change, Innovate and Lead for a Sustainable Future
- Outlook 2011 – Sharing Knowledge Making a Difference: The Role of International Scientific Cooperation
- Outlook 2010 – Towards Epistemic Sovereignty: (Re)-Thinking Development in a Changing Global Political Economy
- Outlook 2009 – The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on the Environment, Energy and Sustainable Development
- Outlook 2008 – Managing Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future
- Outlook 2007 – Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development in the 21st Century
- Outlook 2006 – Global and Local Resources in Achieving Sustainable Development
- Outlook 2005 – Global Competitiveness: a Common Goal in a Digital Society
- Outlook 2004 – The Role of Academic Institutions and Societies in Achieving the Millennium Development Goals
- Browse all Outlook articles